Monday, June 8, 2009

The Best Things in Life are Free


Saturday morning I noticed my neighbours setting up their yard sale. I was on my way to a meeting at work and knew that sadly this would be one yard sale I'd have to miss. Well, I miss pretty much all of them anyway since it is near impossible to get out of bed early on a Saturday morning. 
Walking by I immediately noticed the large cabinet with a sewing machine proudly emerged from the cabinet interior. I began to salivate, and had to look away. I already have 3 sewing machines, 2 knitting machines and a room full of yarn and books and...but one machine is not in working order, one is borrowed and the other one only does staight stitch.
When I came home at the end of the day, the cabinet was still on my neighbour's lawn. On further inspection I noticed that the cabinet had drawers, that the machine had all the buttons and knobs that I wanted. 
My partner and the gentleman who lived in the house carried the sewing machine across the street for me and now here is my "new" Singer circa 1971. A friend that I have to get to know in the coming days. It needs a clean and a test run for sure, looking forward to getting to know my Singer Futura 900!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails