Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ride Along on a Fantastic Knitter's Voyage


So I waited for a month for the day to arrive. Like a kid who knows her birthday is in 3 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day...I counted down the days. I almost let my summer slip by too quickly as I tried to speed the days along.
I found out about the trip to Listowell, Ontario to a yarn manufacturing company's warehouse for their yearly tent sale via Knitter's Attic email. I never heard of such an event, but what could be better??? Shopping, knitting, roadtrip, and food all rolled into one. The itinerary stated we would be going to the sale in Listowell, then a stop for lunch, and a visit to a peanut factory. Wow, what more could I ask for?
I reserved my spot as soon as could with a $10 paypal payment. Yesss, I was in. I thought I better hurry before the spots fill up. Then on Saturday August 23 I made my way from midtown Toronto to Richmond Hill, Ontario by public transit. (Better hurry don't want to be late) I made it there with plenty of time to spare. We rode a mini yellow school bus down scenic Ontario farm country roads all the way to the massive tent. I filled up two large black garbage bags with yarn. Wool and soy blend, mercerized cotton, worsted weight cotton, and bamboo. Yarns in every colour. My only problem was: how to carry all that loot home? What a happy, happy, happy day. I am telling you August is turning out to be a very happy birthday month indeed.

Check out the Knitter's Attic website www.knittersattic.com
The above photo is of myself and my travel companions outside the restaurant where we stopped for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails