Friday, October 15, 2010

The Little Tagline That Could

These past few days I haven't had much energy and the symptoms of depression seem to be ever creeping up on me as the days grow shorter. Not sure if these feelings are situational or chemical, but the blahs are definitely with me. I feel so uninspired and when I feel uninspired it makes me sad. I have had to fight through it though because I am debuting my line of goodies for knitters and crocheters this Saturday at Wise Daughters and there is still much work to do.

I can see how before I had treatment for my depression that these feelings would've spiraled further down and it would be difficult for me to recognize what was going on with my mood. I have to tell myself that this will pass, that I'll feel better and that the negative thoughts in my head is the depression talking. I'd tell you my thoughts, but there are so many swimming around in there it is a little overwhelming and difficult to write one without the urge to write them all and thus forgetting the point of this post.

So the point is, I am feeling inspired enough to write a post! I made up a little flyer to have on my table at Wise Daughters this weekend because I know I'll be meeting other knitters, crocheters, spinners and crafters and I want to tell them about my desire for guest bloggers on Close Knit! The little flyer got me thinking about a tagline and I did a little brainstorming and came up with

"reaching out and inspiring others to enrich their lives through art and craft"

This little tagline got me excited. I needed to put what I want to do in words that made sense to me. I found a way through depression with the help of activities I enjoy when enjoyment was rarely found. Something about the act of knitting gave me the drive to keep on, even if it was to just knit another row. I want to help others in similar circumstances to find what will enrich their lives-perhaps through craft or art. This little tagline gives me a greater focus for the purpose of this blog and that gets me excited. I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails