Sunday, November 15, 2009

Downtown Knit Collective November Bus Trip 2009

"SHOW US YOUR KNITS"
proposed slogan of our DKC bus trip
Our first stop was the Needle Emporium in Ancaster, Ontario. This is a gorgeous yarn shop in a heritage house just on the outskirts of Hamilton, Ontario.
The Masonic Lodge just across the street from the Needle Emporium. We could not have asked for a better day. Clear blue sky, fresh breeze, beautifully fall.
A basket of sock yarn. I had to buy just one! This is Mini Mochi by Crystal Palace Yarns, 80% merino wool and 20%nylon.
Sock yarn, cottons, anything you can imagine. It's all here.
This is a photo of the sweater kit that I purchased. The owner graciously gave us DKCers 20% off all yarn. The kit I purchased was for XL, in the same colours in the photo and pattern by Spud and Chloe. The yarn is comprised of superwash 55% wool and 45% organic cotton. It is simply delicious to the touch.
Foxy ladies in a line-up. I tried asking them not to smile, but I think it was impossible for them while clutching a bag of newly purchased spoils.
Mug Shot
Belfountain Inn. This is the quaint venue of our lunch. We had quiche and salad, bread with oil and vinegar, and pie for dessert.
Rhubarb Pie!!! with fresh cream (not enough of it!)
My new friend Annie. She and I were accused of skewing the average age of the DKC membership. Yep, I'm the baby. Feels good to be the babe sometimes.
Our next stop after lunch was Camilla Valley Farm. Lots of stuff for the weaver and knitter and what a beautiful property. Worth the drive!
Fresh skeins of Manos silk. I desperately wanted to buy some of this lime green, but thought better after leaving the Needle Emporium with my sweater kit. I managed to score some amazing linen, cotton, and wool at $1 per cone or skein in the bargain bin because they were supposedly "mill ends".
A good look at the merchandise.
The woman in the purple top is the prez of the Toronto Downtown Knit Collective. She is spunky and way cool. Her name is Carol!
Taking a break outside of the Camilla Valley Farm Weaver's Supply Shop
A view from their property.


That's the end of our trip. We head home, our bellies full, our bags full, and our wallets empty, smiles on our faces all the while. Until next year, I hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails