Thursday, July 31, 2008

Stitch and (Soccer) Pitch leads to Knitting Kids



I am a soccer mom. My son plays on a rep team and is trying out for a district team (tryouts have lasted 1 year), so needless to say I am a very busy woman. Of course being a knitter and a soccer mom leads to very opportune times to get stitchin'. Usually practices last 2 hours, so there I am with one of my 10 projects I have on the go.

It seems that the knitting bug has bitten some of the siblings of soccer players. I am now teaching a nine year old girl and a seven year old boy how to knit. The young man called me at home yesterday to say "Remember you told me you would teach me how to knit? Well, I am going on vacation in a couple of days so can you show me tomorrow?" How exciting! I am teaching the next generation of knitters!

For a soccer inspired knitting pattern take a look at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails